Healthy Nutrition Diet In 2019
A Healthy Nutrition is one that provides food in a varied and balanced way to provide the body that necessary for life.
Eating Healthy Nutrition depends on an adequate selection and preparation of food based on eating habits.
Knowledge about the nutritional value of food, according to the different economic possibilities and combining different foods in a balanced way. There is no one perfect diet.
- Adequate dietary habits in the Uruguayan population are: the daily consumption of milk and dairy products, foods of the group of meats and derivatives and cereals and derivatives.
- The excessive consumption of calories, saturated fats, salt and sugar and the low or deficient consumption of fruits and vegetables are inadequate aspects.
- Fortunately we have a wide variety of foods to make a pleasant and Healthy Nutrition.
Every Healthy Nutrition style of eating should try to give importance to the daily consumption of foods belonging to the six established basic groups:
– cereals, legumes and derivatives
– fruits and vegetables
– milk and derivatives (yogurt and cheeses
– moderate amounts of meat and eggs,
– controlled addition of sugars and sweets
– oils and minimum use of fats (butter, cream)
• The simultaneous consumption of several foods facilitates the assimilation of different nutrients. The consumption of fruits rich in vitamin C, increases the absorption of iron from plant foods.
The preparation of soups, stews, ensopados and salads is a good way to mix food, ensure the intake of necessary nutrients and improve the nutritional value of the daily diet.
• The variation of the food makes the diet pleasant, stimulates the appetite and guarantees the adequate consumption of nutrients that favor growth and good Healthy Nutrition status.
• Eat well and maintain adequate body weight, prevent nutritional diseases.
• Monitor the weight and height during growth in children and adolescents, allows to know the evolution of their nutritional status and act at the right time to correct any alteration of it early.
• The adequate weight of the adult and the elderly person is maintained by strictly consuming the necessary calories and leading a physically active life.
The accomplishment of half an hour daily of moderate-intense physical activity, is very advisable and perfectly realizable for people of sedentary life.
• Low consumption of food can cause alterations in the growth and physical development of children and adolescents such as weight loss and short stature.
It can also lead to a lower resistance to infectious diseases, lower capacity for sport and poor academic and school performance.
In the adult, a deficient diet diminishes the performance in the work.
• The eating habits of the Uruguayan family are changing due to many factors. The incorporation into the labor field of a greater number of family members. Especially of mothers, the decrease in the purchasing capacity for some foods. The short time available to prepare and eat and the boom of fast or ready meals for their consumption.
• Certain advertisements encourage the acquisition of products that are not essential to cover the nutritional needs of the family.
• The price of food is not always related to its nutritional value; industrial processes, brands and luxurious packaging increase the cost of food without providing nutritional advantages over other products.
• The current pace of life requires, in general, the individual to make use of fast-food vending establishments. Which do not always offer nutritious, hygienic and economic food.
Therefore, prepare meals at home and take them properly packaged to the place of work or study. Allows to monitor hygienic conditions, vary food, select preparations appropriate to the customs and tastes, resulting also more economical.
• Food hygiene is essential to avoid contamination by microbes or toxic substances that cause foodborne illness.
10 Top Messages for Healthy Eating:
1. Keep your health by daily eating a varied diet that includes foods from the six groups.
2. Eat in moderation to maintain a healthy weight.
3. Give more during the day and start with a breakfast and include milk, bread and fruit.
4. Dairy products are necessary at all ages. Try to consume 3 servings a day.
5. Eat seasonal vegetables and fruits daily in all your meals.
6. Decrease the consumption of sugary drinks, sugar, sweets, candies and confectionery products.
7. Control the consumption of meats, cold meats, sausages, lard, margarine, cheeses, cream, mayonnaise and fried foods because of their high fat content.
8. Decrease the consumption of salt and foods with high content of it.
9. Choose within each food group the most appropriate to your family budget.
10. To prevent foodborne diseases take care of the hygiene of your food from purchase to consumption.
You can also read: The Benefits of Antioxidant Foods