If you follow a diet of slimming and you are bored of having breakfast always the same, in this blog the dietitians-nutritionists of Alimmenta Yaiza Molina and Carme Ferrer, give you a lot of ideas of easy and fast breakfasts to lose weight.
Why is it important to have breakfasts to lose weight? (In most cases)
Breakfast is the first meal of the day after having spent several hours fasting. This energy will also allow us to start and get ready to work or study. It is true that there are people who do not get up with appetite and this leads them to start their day fasting. Our experience in consultation tells us that in most cases that is a mistake and especially when our goal is to lose weight. We give you two main reasons:
Breakfast reduces hunger
If you do not eat breakfast there will be a moment throughout the morning when you will feel hungry and perhaps you will not be in a suitable place or time to prepare a healthy breakfast. That is when the tendency is to quickly satisfy hunger with unhealthy foods such as biscuits, sausages, fried potatoes … etc. An alternative ?: Provide a good breakfast before.
The very intake of food causes us to burn calories because it boosts the metabolism. Not having breakfast causes the metabolism to become thrifty because the body, which is very efficient, prepares itself for a situation of starvation and what it does is store and reserve. This “reserve” does not help at all the goal of weight loss and, on the contrary, can favor a tendency to gain weight.
There are many people who just get up do not feel hungry. Maybe in these cases, they can delay their breakfast and instead of having breakfast at 8 they can do it at 9 o’clock. The important thing is to prepare yourself and have an anticipation of a morning intake that provides energy, satisfies you and does not make you feel a voracious hunger half of tomorrow.
What ingredients and combinations are used for a breakfast that helps you lose weight?
1. Bowl of skimmed milk with oat flakes, strawberries and chia seeds. By changing the skimmed milk for whole, this breakfast can also be a very good option for the smallest of the house. Oatmeal will be more digestive if you cook it in the same milk. You can vary this proposal by adding cinnamon, banana and varying the fruit with seasonal varieties. Another option is to change the milk for a skimmed yogurt.
2. Whole corn tortilla accompanied by slices of tomato, arugula and 2 slices of turkey. A lot of attention when choosing the stuffed turkey. It is important that at least 80-90% of the sausage be really turkey. This breakfast can be completed with a fruit serving.
3. Liquid yogurt smoothie 0%, 2 whole crispbread, ½ banana and 5 strawberries.
4. Rye wholemeal bread with 0% whipped cheese, blueberries and baby spinach, accompanied by a coffee with vegetable drink. If you opt for vegetable drinks, it is recommended that the one you choose is enriched with enough calcium and does not have added sugars.
Examples of breakfasts to prepare in 5 minutes
5. Yogurt skimmed with plums, seeds (chia, poppy, sesame) and nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts or almonds). We always have to prioritize the seasonal fruit, so we avoid always eating typical fruits, such as apple, pear or banana, and at the same time you get the variety of vitamins and minerals present in different fruits.
6. Bowl of soy yogurt enriched in Calcium and vitamin D with pumpkin and sesame seeds. The bowl can be accompanied by a glass of pineapple juice and watermelon.
7. Integral spelled bread with hummus, 1 kiwi and coffee with skim milk. Serves any type of vegetable pate (eggplant, pepper …) In this case, the hummus gives us the complete protein of the chickpea. For its part, the kiwi is very rich in vitamin C. This vitamin favors the absorption of iron present in chickpeas.
8. Bowl of yogurt skimmed with red fruits, homemade muesli and cinnamon. To make your own muesli, simply buy different types of cereals that you like and that do not carry sugar. You can mix cornflakes, wheat, puffed rice, oats, spelled … etc.
9. Toast of whole wheat bread with tomato, avocado, arugula and oregano, 1 orange and 1 glass of vegetable drink. Avocado, like nuts, has a high content of healthy fats and is therefore a very caloric food. If your goal is Breakfasts to Lose Weight remember to eat it but in moderation.
If these proposals do not convince you 100%, try to personalize them with the fruits, cereals and flavors that you like. The important thing is to avoid sugar and a diet with excess fats. Also remember to vary the breakfasts so that they do not bore you, and more in a period of weight loss. So vary the fruits, the type of bread you use and the drink or infusion that accompanies your breakfast.
You might also interested: Diet Meal Plan In Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner