The Diet for Gastritis and Ulcer in 2019 is a fundamental part of the treatment. Once it allows the digestive system to rest, preventing the symptoms from worsening.
Therefore it is recommended that the individual has a diet rich in vegetables, fruits, white meats and fish. Which should be prepared with natural seasonings and without sauces.
In addition to this, it is also important to avoid fried foods, cakes and industrialized foods. Such as pre-cooked meals because they can worsen the symptoms of gastritis.There are some home remedies that can be included in the daily diet such as drinking potato juice or preparing a chard tea. Which have soothing properties that relieve symptoms.
The foods allowed in the Diet for Gastritis and Ulcer in 2019 are those of easy digestion and low in fat such as:
- Fruits in general , should avoid acidic fruits such as lemon, orange and pineapple. If reflux or pain appears when consuming these foods.
- Vegetables in general , being able to use legumes cooked and without skin during the periods of crisis and pain. Because they are easier to digest as for example zucchini, eggplant, carrot, spinach, chard, green beans.
- Low-fat meats , such as chicken, turkey and fish, preferably grilled, roasted or cooked.
- Milk and derivatives such as yogurt should be skimmed.
- Carbohydrates , in times of crisis should avoid whole foods can consume white rice, pasta, sweet potatoes and potatoes, because they are easier to digest.
- Teas such as chamomile.
- Decaffeinated coffee.
- White cheeses like ricotta or curd light.
- Raw olive oil and in small quantities.
- Natural condiments such as fine herbs, garlic, onion, parsley, cilantro, mustard.
Diet for Gastritis and Ulcer in 2019
During a gastritis crisis, the ideal is to prepare the food with a softer, puree-like consistency, the meat can be prepared with a crust or ground, and in the case of fruits and vegetables they should be eaten cooked and without skin, so that Foods are easier to digest by the stomach and make it work as little as possible to relieve symptoms.
In addition to this, you can also take ginger tea to help improve digestion, decreasing the burning sensation and dizziness.
What to eat after a gastritis crisis?
If the gastritis crisis has already passed, the ideal is to maintain a balanced diet, preferring fiber-rich foods , including vegetables, whole foods and both raw and cooked fruits, to avoid constipation and overweight.
Also, the consistency of the meals can return to normal, trying to chew food well and eat calmly. In addition, it is important to avoid prohibited foods, such as fats or highly seasoned foods, to prevent a new crisis from reoccurring.
The prohibited foods are those of difficult digestion and very processed, for being rich in additives and preservatives that irritate the stomach like:
- Processed meats, such as sausage, chorizo, bacon, ham, turkey breast, salami, mortadella.
- Yellow and processed cheeses , such as cheddar, mozzarella, cream cheese and provolone.
- Dairy products such as whole milk, yogurt, cream, cream, butter, margarine and oil.
- Sauces ready as ketchup, mayonnaise, mayonnaise.
- Condiments such as ice cubes and instant noodles.
- Frozen prepared food and fast food.
- Green tea , mate, black tea or high caffeine content.
- Drinks : soft drinks, ready juices, coffee.
- Alcoholic beverages .
- Sugar, sweets in general and foods that contain it.
- Refined foods and fried foods such as cakes, cupcakes and cookies.
- White flour , such as corn and wheat.
In addition to this, acidic fruits such as lemon, orange and pineapple should also be avoided if symptoms of heartburn or stomach pain appear after consumption. Some people tend to suffer from gas and may be intolerant to flatulent foods such as cabbage, broccoli, beans and cauliflower, so in these cases should reduce their consumption.
The diet for gastritis, although following some rules, can present many variations depending on the tolerance of each patient. Therefore, the list above is just a guide.In addition to this, if gastritis appears mainly in times of stress or tension, it can be a sign of nervous gastritis.
When you suffer from gastritis should be aware of the symptoms that can generate a specific food. Being that if your intake worsens the symptoms of gastritis, it should be eliminated or restricted from the diet. In addition to this you should also:
- Perform 3 main meals and 2 to 3 snacks a day, avoiding skipping meals and trying to always be at the same time.
- Copious meals should be avoided, since they make the digestion slower.
- Must chew food several times and eat in a quiet place.
- Cooking simple foods on the grill, baked or steamed, using natural herbs to season them.
- Avoid the use of tight clothing and belts, as it favors the reflux of gastric acid into the esophagus.
- Avoid the cigarette.
- After eating, you should avoid going to bed immediately, if you do, you should place a pillow so that it is in a 45º position, thus avoiding reflux.
- Perform physical activity at least 3 times a week for 1 hour. In case of being a person with a lot of stress you should try to perform relaxing activities.
Learn more about gastric in the video below:
You might also interested : Balanced Diet : A Healthier Life