Among others that contributed to Psychosomatics:
When I look at some cases related to psychosomatics I usually tell the patient that “when we keep our emotions, feelings for a long time, an hour the body will respond.
In the context of the Clinic, many patients / clients come to us on the basis of a medical indication, which goes to the doctor complaining of pains in the body, symptoms of heart disease, respiratory or pneumopathies, among others, and when doing the examinations, no organic change.
In the hospital context it is the same, patients go to the hospital with complaints of headache, symptoms of heart disease, respiratory or pneumopathies and when doing the exams, also do not accuse any organic changes, and in raising the patient’s previous history, demands arise from work , relationship, stress or even symptoms of depression or anxiety.
Remember: Do not confuse with psychiatric symptoms of anxious, depressive or even hypochondriacal (often related)
Psychosomatic – Some diseases:
- Neurological: Headache / Migraines, vertigo, etc .
- Respiratory: Asthma, Bronchitis, Rhinitis, Sinusitis (also allergic), etc .
- Cardiovascular: Angina, tachycardia or bradycardia, Hypertension, etc .
- Gastrointestinal: Gastritis / Ulcer, rectocolite, Gastroenterocolite, etc .
- Dermatological: Dermatitis, psoriasis, urticaria, herpes, pruritus, eczema, etc .
- Endocrine / Metabolic: Diabetes (all), Hyper or Hypothyroidism, etc .
- Joints / Muscles: Tendonitis, arthritis, arthrosis, etc .
- Autoimmune: Communicable diseases (flu / cold, meningitis, infections, otitis, abscesses, fungi, etc.)
Psychosomatics is on the rise both in theoretical studies and in practice, lately the demand for psychosomatic symptoms is growing in all areas of work, covering all areas of health (physicians, psychologists, physiotherapists, etc.), already proven and / or improved in several theories and studies, every psychology professional must know at least the basics about Psychosomatics.
I am not a specialist in the subject, especially in the approaches (except Cognitive Comportamente that is the one that I act), for that reason I wrote a brief summary based on literatures for the accomplishment of this text. I hope it was enlightening and of great help!
You can also read this article: