Do you still eat a vegetarian diet and want to lose weight? I tell you how should be a vegetarian diet to lose weight . Which really helps you achieve your goals.
Key aspects in a Vegetarian Diet to Lose Weight
- Perform 5 daily meals, 3 main and 2 snacks, to keep the metabolism active.
- Make a list of the necessary foods and make the purchase by sticking to it, without letting yourself be carried away by whims.
- Cook in a healthy way (steam, iron, papillote, oven, boil) and limit the fried and battered.
- Season your meals with herbs, spices and citrus.
- Moderates the consumption of salt and foods with high sodium content such as prepared dishes, salty snacks, etc.
- Limit the consumption of alcohol at meals, remember that each gram of alcohol provides empty calories and is harmful to health.
- Make a good full breakfast, since it is the intake that starts your body and the one that provides the necessary calories to start the day. For example, a toast of whole wheat bread with tomato, a glass of vegetable drink enriched in calcium and 1 piece of fruit.
- You must limit the consumption of sugar, jams, syrups or honey. If you consume vegetable drink, check that it contains <5g of sugar per 100ml.
- Stay active and perform physical exercise, this way you will increase the energy expenditure and it will be easier to lose weight.
- Consume at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Choose seasonal fruits and vegetables, as they provide more nutrients.
- In the main meals you should consume vegetables, cereals and / or vegetable proteins, oil and dessert.
- Consume legumes at least 2 or 3 times a week, as they will provide fiber and vegetable proteins.
- Substitute refined cereals (bread, pasta, white rice) for whole grains, as they will give you a greater feeling of fullness and also provide more nutrients. To ensure that they are whole you must look at the labeling and the ingredients, the first ingredient must be the cereal in its integral form or whole grain (Example: whole wheat, whole wheat grain).
- Controls the consumption of fats and uses healthy fats such as olive oil, nuts, avocado, etc. In a diet of thinning you can consume daily between 2-4 tablespoons of virgin olive oil and 2-3 walnuts.
- Limit the consumption of saturated fats, such as palm oil, coconut oil, processed foods, cakes, cookies, etc.
- Beware of processed products suitable for vegetarians, that a product is suitable for vegetarian consumption does not imply that it is healthy. It is very important to read the labels and the ingredients.
- Drink 1.5-2l of water daily, if it costs you can help by taking it in infusions or vegetable broths.
- If you are eating out, choose the lighter options, adjust yourself and avoid sauces and accompaniments like chips.
- Eat slowly, quietly and in a suitable place.
- Limit the consumption of algae due to its high content of iodine, if you like use them as a condiment and not as a main ingredient.
- Change habits progressively, the most important thing is that you acquire new habits little by little, but permanently.
- Sleep enough hours and control stress.
Key Nutrients in Vegetarian Diet to Lose Weight
Keep in mind that any dietary restriction can lead to a risk of nutritional deficits if not planned correctly. But if the diet is well planned and organized does not have to involve any nutritional risk . Therefore, below I indicate that you must take into account so that your vegetarian diet is complete.
- Ensure daily protein intake, choosing foods such as tofu, tempeh, textured soy, seitan and legumes. Soy and its derivatives provide good quality proteins.
- This will ensures the intake of essential amino acids, since our body is not able to synthesize them and it is necessary to obtain them from the diet. How? Combine legumes and cereals (lentil salad with rice) or consume legumes or cereals and nuts throughout the day.
- It uses techniques such as soaking, germination and cooking to increase the digestibility to favor the absorption of its nutrients. For example, if you are going to prepare legumes, soak them and cook them in the espresso pot.
What can you do to ensure its consumption and absorption?
- Consume foods of vegetable origin with a high content of iron, such as legumes, whole grains, plums, spinach, chard and nuts.
- Soak or germinate the legumes to increase their digestibility and in this way absorb their nutrients better.
- When you consume foods rich in iron, it also includes foods rich in vitamin C, such as orange, kiwi, tomato or mango, as they help absorb iron.
- Separate the coffee and tea consumption of the main meals, because these reduce the absorption of iron.
Calcium and Vitamin D
- Consume vegetable drinks enriched with calcium and vitamin D.
- Choose foods of vegetable origin rich in calcium, such as soy yogurt, tofu (the fruit set with calcium salts provides more), almonds, broccoli, cabbage, kale, bock choy, soy, white beans or black beans.
- It ensures the presence of vitamin D, since it regulates the passage of calcium to bone, through a 30-minute daily exposure to the sun.
- If you can not submit to this exposure and your levels are low, you can resort to a vitamin D supplement.
- Consume 2-3 walnuts per day and 1 small spoonful of crushed flax seeds.
- If you decide to take a supplement, a dose of 200-300mg of DHA is sufficient.
- It is essential to maintain the proper functioning of brain function and the nervous system, as well as other functions of the organism.
- Seaweed, yeast, mushrooms or sprouts contain inactive B12 analogues.
- In the event that you consume eggs and dairy products, if you do not make an optimal consumption, as indicated in the following table, you should take a supplement of B12 .
|3 or more daily servings:|
|1 serving equals:
v ½ glass of milk
v 1 yogurt and half
25g of semi-cured or cured cheese
v 100g of fresh cheese
v 1 egg
- Take a cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) supplement, 50 micrograms daily or 2000 micrograms weekly.
With all the information you have in this article, you can make a diet of slimming. But if you need more information, you can consult the following article into each objective: