7 vegetarian menus to lose weight without going hungry : Vegetarians can also be overweight and, at the same time, nutritional deficiencies. Here, a plan with all the recipes, to lose weight covering all the needs and avoiding hunger.
You decided to be a vegetarian menus to lose weight and it is your choice of life. However, consider that it is necessary to make the correct combination to avoid nutritional deficiencies. You can learn that with a nutritionist.
You will need to perform periodic medical analysis to be sure that you are on the right track, or -if not ,- you should consult a nutritionist to advise you.
Some vegetarians go hungry and get fat, why? This is because they choose preparations or industrialized foods that in their chemical composition.
Have components that stimulate the appetite. (For example, refined flours and visible and hidden sugars ) or are not appropriate to maintain a healthy weight.
Therefore, if you choose to be a vegetarian. It will be a matter of choosing recipes and preparations that facilitate good health.
Avoid weight gain and provide you with the necessary satiety so you do not have to pick up food and / or undue preparations because you stayed hungry.
Breakfasts and snacks
– 1 glass of skim milk
– 2 slices of whole grain bread 3 cereals (unroasted).
– Ricota skim 1 tablespoon of soup in each slice.
Meals : (choose two options)
– 1 hard egg .
– 1 handful of dried fruits (when included in any preparation, do not include them).
– 15 raisins of grapes (when they are included in any preparation, do not include them).
– 8 olives.
– 1 immature banana (medium).
– 10 large grapes.
– 1 small portion of lean compact cheese (30 g): 2 times per week.
– 1 fresh fruit.
Lunches and dinners : amounts of food per item
- Raw and / or steamed vegetables: 1 soup plate.
- Potato, sweet potato, corn (raw, 1 cup of tea), wheat burgol, quinoa or buckwheat, millet, brown rice, other whole grains, legumes (lentils, chickpeas, beans, soy): 1 lid of tea (already cooked).
- Noodles and pasta with thick laminate, dry noodles cooked al dente: 1 medium dish (already cooked).
- Condiments: all the necessary to enhance the flavor: pepper, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, cumin, clove, basil, chopped garlic, etc.
- Miso: ½ teaspoon of tea per meal, to add to the preparations.
- Oil: 1 teaspoon of those of tea (per meal).
- Avoid or reduce salt.
- Fresh fruit: 1 unit after each meal of which, 1 citrus or 1 kiwi (for its contribution of vitamin C, which favors the absorption of iron not hem: not animal).
Lunch : risotto with mushrooms , you can add some legume. Salad of all raw colors and / or steamed.
Dinner : salad of all raw colors and / or steamed, add green leaves. 2 empanadas de choclo with light white sauce .
Lunch : buckwheat paella and vegetables . Incorporate green vegetables.
Lunch : broccoli omelet . Salad of all raw colors and / or steamed. Incorporate legumes.
Dinner : curried meatballs with cheese . Salad of all raw colors and / or steamed.
Lunch : Macarones with Bolognese . Salad of all raw colors and / or steamed.
Dinner : avocado salad and nuts . Add whole grains or sweet potato and soy.
Lunch : potato and spinach tortilla . Salad of all raw colors and / or steamed.
Dinner : salad of all colors raw and / or steamed.
Lunch : mushrooms stuffed with wheat burgol . Salad of all raw colors and / or steamed.
Dinner : salad of all colors raw and / or steamed. Add chickpea salad .
Lunch : green salad. 2 spinach and ricotta pies .
Dinner : pickled aubergines . Salad of all raw colors and / or steamed with quinoa.
Recommendations to cover all nutritional needs
– The vegetarian menus to lose weight will be healthy as long as it is planned and the nutrients are properly combined and covered .
– Proteins : they are covered by eating varied foods, which provide the amino acids and nitrogen necessary to avoid falling into the consumption of nutritional supplements.
– Vegetarians should be advised by a nutritionist , who should control the amount of protein provided in the food from foods of plant origin, as their needs will be higher due to the fact that they consume less digestible proteins such as some cereals and legumes.
– Iron : vegetables contain non-heme iron (less absorbable), which is more sensitive than iron heme (from animal-derived foods) to iron inhibitors and reinforcers.
– Vitamin C and other organic acids present in fruits and vegetables help the absorption of iron and can help reduce the effects of inhibiting substances (phytates).
– It is important not to increase the daily consumption of these iron inhibiting substances present in food : phytates, calcium, teas including herbs, coffee, cocoa and some spices and fiber. However, it is now known that the effects of phytates are somewhat lower than previously thought.
The amount of iron coming from vegetables is 1.8 times less than that which comes from foods rich in heme iron of animal origin.
– Some researchers argue that vitamin C helps absorb iron as long as it includes high intake of this vitamin. The same for organic acids from fruits and vegetables. The higher intake of vitamin C and fruits and vegetables (raw) can promote the absorption of iron .
– There are techniques for improving the absorption of iron , such as soaking or sprouting grains and seeds. The brewer’s yeast also achieves this effect of increasing the absorption of iron.
– Other fermentative processes , to make soybean derivatives , can help the absorption of this mineral.
– It is worth clarifying that when a person is accustomed to follow a vegetarian diet is more adapted to low iron intake, and therefore, in the long term, there will be a growing absorption and consequently lower losses .
– To know better and in detail which foods favor the absorption of iron and which hinder it.
– Hence the importance of the advice of a nutritionist.
You might also interested : Vegetarian Diet to Lose Weight 2019